Run by the National Apprenticeship Service, the awards challenge top apprenticeship employers and apprentices across England to come forward and show how apprenticeships have made a real difference to their organisation and careers.
The awards, now in their 12th year, recognise businesses that grow their own talent with apprenticeships and apprentices who have made a significant contribution to their workplaces, with each invited to compete on a regional and national level to be scoop top prize.
The Apprentice of the Year categories are:
- Intermediate Apprentice of the Year
- Advanced Apprentice of the Year
- Higher Apprentice of the Year
- Apprenticeship Champion of the Year
The Employer of the Year categories are open to employers of all sizes and sectors and include the following:
- Small Employer of the Year
- Medium Employer of the Year
- Large Employer of the Year
- Macro Employer of the Year
- Newcomer – Small to Medium sized employers
- Newcomer – Large employers
For the fifth year running the very best employer category entries will have the additional bonus of featuring in the annual Top 100 Apprenticeship Employers list. The 2015 list will be announced at the prestigious National Apprenticeship Awards ceremony in January 2016.
This year the national ceremony will also celebrate traineeship employers and the support they provide young people to help them gain the skills and experience needed to successfully apply for an apprenticeship or job.
Search ‘National Apprenticeship Awards’ on Gov.uk