Beauty, Spa and Nail Services Standards Review
Habia are now recruiting experienced Therapists, Nail Technicians and Make-Up Artists to be part of the specialist working groups to review the current National Occupational Standards for Beauty Therapy, Spa Therapy, Nail Services and Advanced Practices.
Therapists and Technicians applying must have recent or current industry experience, additional skills in training and development would be advantageous but is not essential.
The review will commence in April 2014 and all meetings will be held at the Habia offices in Doncaster during April, May, June and October. Specific dates will be provided once recruitment of the working groups has taken place but most of the working group meetings will be one day events so they do not interfere with people’s existing work commitments.
Habia will recruit four key working groups for Beauty Therapy, Spa/Massage Therapy, Nail Services and Make-Up.
- Applicants for the Beauty Therapy working group must have up to date skills and knowledge in all level 2 and 3 beauty therapy skill areas, particularly in face and body electrotherapy, intimate waxing and electrical epilation.
- Applicants for the Spa Therapy working group must have up to date skills and knowledge in body massage, aromatherapy, stone therapy, head massage, body wrapping and flotation treatments.
- Applicants for the Nail Services working group must have up to date skills and knowledge in all nail enhancements, creative nail art including air brushing and the use of electric files.
- Applicants for the Make-Up working group must have up to date skills and knowledge in fashion and photographic make-up, skin camouflage, air brushing techniques and all eyelash extension services.
- Additional specialists in semi-permanent make-up, laser and IPL treatments and advanced epilation techniques will also be required.
Travel expenses will be covered by Habia.
Industry professionals who are interested in being part of the standards review can also come along and visit Habia at Professional Beauty in London (23 – 24 February 2014) where they will be able to speak with Habia’s expert, Tiffany Tarrant, at Stand L42.
To find out more information or to submit your current CV and Resumé email email@example.com by no later than Friday 14 March 2014. Alternatively, call 0845 2 306080
You can follow Habia at www.twitter.com/Habia_SSB, on www.facebook.com/HabiaUK or www.linkedin.com/company/habia.